When the time came to carry out repairs on our bridge that we had constructed as part of our Sculptural Exhibition, we firstly needed to identify what was requiring repair, how would we go about this and what materials/resources we would need to carry out this important and very tricky work.
As a group we decided that our starting point was to firstly revisit our initial plans for our bridge and to see whether this was still valid, or did we indeed need to do some modifications to them.
Plans play an important role within our learning processes as this is how we offer the children the time and space to collate and define their thoughts and ideas, to visually represent them, and to revisit and critique them before putting them into action or production. So, our discussion led us into creating a new amended collaborative plan.
It also became apparent the idea to further test out the materials that we had previously used, as we wished to see whether they were durable enough for the role of being outside, or had we discovered perhaps a more sustainable product to use instead over time.
Materials, both natural and recycled, were acquired in a respectful manner and investigated as to their suitability for this project.
After a period of experimentation and testing the group agreed upon the most appropriate resources to use so that once again our bridge can hang proudly within our atelier garden.