Bear Park Infant and Toddler Centre and Preschool in Hobsonville is housed in the historic Mill House building in Hobsonville Point. This beautiful waterfront property is set on an acre of park-like grounds with amazing sea views and serves the growing number of families in the area as a leading early learning centre.
10 things that make this centre unique:
1. Our connection to our community through our local excursions along the coastal walkway which invitingly meanders past our front door.
2. Our natural outdoor environment and beautiful sea view which instinctively encourages our children to become natural explorers through our play space
3. Being in a historical building provides us with a connection to the past, the present and our future.
4. Our sense of tukana teina with all learners within the centre as we develop strong relationships with all of our children and invite them to share in the learning in the other classrooms
5. Our strong sense of professionalism and diversity within our teaching team where with everyone’s ideas being respected creates a rich and meaningful culture.
6. Strong and trusting relationships with all of our whānau, as they all know that they too have a place here at Bear Park Hobsonville
7. Everyone who walks through our door is always welcome
8. Our ambience which we have created together with our children and families is one of calm and joyfulness which enriches our learning potential.
9. Respecting the children through rituals that are unhurried, giving them the time and space they need to maximize their learning potential
10. Our commitment to sustainability and embracing our roles as Katiaki (guardians) of papatuānūku (mother earth)